Elder Swanger has been called to serve in the Tulsa Oklahoma, spanish speaking mission.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

27 Aug 2010

Hi it's me again!

You guys don't tell me a lot of whats been going on at home and I am thankfull for that. I think that I would be home sick if you told me everything that went on since I came here. But you could tell me more btw (by the way). Thanks Joe for telling me how you were diagnosed because I really had no Idea.
Ok, we listen to Devos I think 3 times a week and this Tuesday you would not be able to geuss who came and spoke at the Devo. Elder Holland! Joe has probably heard his never go home/ missionary is Important talk. (I believe that he is referring to "Missionary Work & the Atonement", by Elder Holland) You can look it up on lds.org and watch it because it was very similar to the talk that he gave to us, Intro and everything.Some of the things that he said to us are "Every hour, every day, every step all the way!" " It was never easy for Christ, why should it be easy for you?!" I wish that I could just send you my notes from the meeting but I do sort of need them. This is also the first time that all of the missionaries were in the gym for the devo because it was being worked on. It is not finished but they got it done enough for the devo. It is going to close again soon and that is right after this next devo, so I am wondering who the speaker is going to be.
Oh, did you send the package? well if you have not please send some allergy meds because I have had a stuffy nose for a very long time and I thought I was sick but now I think that it is just allergies. Though I was sick earlier this week with the rest of my district. Mom you said that you think that I needed to do a certain stretch, I have been doing that stretch to help because the doctor here gave me a book that has a lot of stretches that I have to do every morning and night. There was also a real miracle that happened here this week that is really amazing! I will leave that for my letter.
Did you look at the CD that I sent and freak out or read the letter first then the CD?
Are you going to send me a CD recording of the family or what are your feeling on that? Did you even get the last letter?
I would like to send my SD card home on the first, but I would like to have the other one here before I send It. Here I can print pictures so I am going to do some of that today so I can write on the back of them. Do you think that I should send the pictures home and you can make a pic binder or should I buy one here and make it.
There is a pillow room in our hall and in the past there have been people that have gotten in and been sent home and now there are those that are tying to get into the room. They call it the pillow palace because they have seen the inside and say that it is a room filled to the ceiling with pillows for the whole campus. They are ridiculous.
I am running out of things to type and only have 5 min left. Oh I bought a new Journal on the second day here because the one that you pick out for me was full of questions and had no room for me just to write what I wanted. Others here make fun of me for hanging out around a sister here and I will tell more about that in the letter I gtg. (got to go)
Bye, E' Swanger

No comments:

Post a Comment