Elder Swanger has been called to serve in the Tulsa Oklahoma, spanish speaking mission.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

17 September 2010

Hi. otra vez,
¿Cómo fue su día? the time that we have to be at the temple is awsome, but early. We have to get up at 5am and it is hard to go to bed earlier to make the day go by faster.

First off, thanks Joe for your letters that you send me daily! And the ones that you send telling me to focus on the work that I am going to be doing. Last week I did forget the work that I am doing because we really only do the work on wednesdays while we are in the CCM. The Lord really is amazing, you sent me two letters and there were 4 or 5 talks that were about not forgetting what you are here for. And while I forgot I really was stuggling with spanish and even English but that Is no surprize. After I got back on track I literally spoke only spanish for about 3/4 of the day! Everything is easy when the lord puts his hand in it.

Thanks for sending the letter to elder Cook. It really made his day and the whole floor got a good laugh out of it. This week though he got a lot of letters. 3 I think. He is going to be writing you back.

The Elder that I spoke about earlier, Elder Bernard is gone he went to another CCM to finish his training. We all miss him because he had the funniesst English sayings and when he acted like the gangsters that are in England it reminded me of cartoons. LOL. The last day that he had here he really wanted to spend most of it with me because I became his Spanish tutor and now, I don't remenber what counrty he is in but he is completely submersed in spanish. When I sent the letters that I sent you when I wasn't focused after you had sent your letters telling me to focus were acually sent to you before I got the letters fromyou bad timing.

As for the shin spint socks. I still am doing gym, not as hard core as before, even though my shins still hurt some not much. When I do very little in gym I really have trouble focusing in class. I would rather have some pain and be able to focus in class on the Lords work. If you want to so send them you can but the choice is yours.

Did you like the card that I sent with the seeds? lol the tree that they come from is called ewa, like from avitar.

OK I have ten minutes left and don't really know what to say. I can't anwser your letters because they are on the other side of campus I might answer them in a letter.

Oh, the TRC went really well. This week we had to "go shopping" in spanish for clothes and barter the price and we did really well. I got a pair of pajamas that were originally 40 for 20. We got a native too for the TRC.

We get interviewed by our teachers once a week to see how we are doing. Hermana Capps, one of my new teachers, told me that my accent is very close to a natives. She said that she has trouble understanding me in english but I am very easy to understand In spanish.

Thanks for you prayers and supporting me.

Chaou!

E' Swanger

No comments:

Post a Comment