Elder Swanger has been called to serve in the Tulsa Oklahoma, spanish speaking mission.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

15 November 2010

Gracias papi,

Well, I know for sure that I am staying here for Christmas, but I will have a new companion. My companion (current) was so mad to get the call because he only has 6 weeks until he goes home so he wanted to stay here. My new companions name is Elder Lloyd, he will be coming in on Thursday. Because Elder Holmes has been here for so long, six months, every one of the sisters wants to feed us before he leaves. We have two dinner appointments a day, but to be able to do that they have to invite a friend that is not a member over for diner too.

Yes. I have used my bike but not very much. We have to have five bike days or days that we ride our bikes as much as possible a month, so not very much. I have had several firsts this week; the first is an exchange outside of the apartment with the zone leaders and while on the exchange we went through a grave yard in the middle of dark and went to Wal-Mart on a day other than p-day and had my first MCM. We went to Sonic for the MCM. I will be spending a little money soon to get a book and the gospel library for JR for Christmas. He is excited to go on a mission so I write him and try to keep him wanting that. (Erase the last two sentences; don't put them on the blog)

Today we are going to go to my companion’s favorite restaurant and the best ice cream here to say goodbye. If you are there you can respond.

The mornings are very cold now. It is freezing almost every night. The other morning we were trying t clean the inside of our car windows for a car inspection and the water just froze to the glass immediately. The sleeves (calf compression sleeves) already came and I will tell you that they are awesome. I got them Sat. The baptismal clothes is the temple cloths. Yes, I lost them. I just need a pair of white pants and a tie. The shoes I won't need because there is no temple in the mission. I can't go to the temple until I am back home. That is fun that you might be in the YW. I will write a letter and tell you about this Sunday, because it was great!

For Val or you, my password is xxxxx and there are people that are trying to post pictures of the Branch activities and they need to be friends with me first so if you want to see my branch you will have to accept them. That’s face book. What everyone here does is have their family send a list of the people that have requested them and say who is not really their friend but you can just accept everyone.

Got to go and write the mission president. bye

Dustin Swanger

No comments:

Post a Comment